Ahhhh....so nice being able to bake again and I have been wanting to try this out since the day I bought the book. It is the CW Baking Cookbook by Alan Ooi...a book full of delicious Bread, Cake and Cookies recipes. This recipe book is for those who owned a CW Electronic Food Processor & Blender and a CW Space Oven Wok. I don't own one but I love the recipes so I bought the book ! See how crazy I can be. I have a weakness for beautiful food pictures but this recipe turns out to be great so I guess the rest will be good too.
I love cookies that melt in the mouth . Instead of cutting the chilled dough into slices , I decided to play with it and cut them with a heart shaped cookie cutter. I love cute little heart shaped cookies....it will melts my bigger heart lol! No , I just love to hold the heart shaped cookie with my fingers and gently pop them into my mouth...mmmm and let it melts in my mouth...and then close my eyes and let the tastebuds slowly takes in the rich flavor of good butter and milk powder and after which the teeth will do its duty to crunch the sunflower seeds and cranberries to release it nutty taste and sweetness of the fruit.... a piece of delectable melts in the mouth cookie that I have no regrets baking !
This easy to make cookie is...flavorful and tasty ..a blend of nut and fruit and the texture is light and melts in the mouth type. I will be sharing more from this book later on :)) You can actually substitute dried cranberries with dried apricot . It will taste good too if you can't get any dried cranberries :))
Don't you think they look cute ? I can eat this non stop coz it is so addictive and the sweetness is just perfect for me. I don't have a sweet tooth so it is just nice for my tastebud :p If you like it a bit sweeter, you may add in a bit more brown sugar to it. This is a keeper for sure :))
a plate of cuties....this heart shaped cookies
is a delight for the Piggy clan :p
instead of cutting into slices, I used a heart shaped cutter for this cookie,
it entails a bit more work but the result is fantastic :)))
all the loves to keep my hunger pang at bay...
a healthy cookies for the family...they will love this for sure :))
looks at those heart warming cranberries....mmmm delish!
this is the book from which the recipe is adapted from...
I heart this book!!!
and I will be baking more from this book :)))
Sunflower Cookies - adapted from CW Baking Cookbook by Alan Ooi
(note: I have modify the method - in place of using a CW food processor to blend the butter and sugar
I used the normal cake mixer instead)
Ingredients : -Cookies dough
(A) 125 gm - Anchor butter
70 gm - brown sugar
(B) 1 - egg yolk ( Grade A )
1/2 tsp - vanilla essence
(C) 160 gm - Plain Flour
20 gm - milk powder
1/2 tsp - baking powder
(D) 100 gm - Sunflower seeds (toasted)
100 gm - Cranberries
1. Using a cake mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and brown sugar together till light and creamy. Add in ingredients B, and slowly fold in ingredients C & D and mix into a dough.
2. Divide dough into two equal portions. Wrap in plastic and press into squares. Chilled until slightly harden ( about 1/2 - 3/4 minutes ).
3. Remove chilled dough from fridge, gently rolled out the dough into slightly thicker than 6mm thick. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter and cut the cookies out. Arrange on a lined baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven at 150 deg C for 15-18 minutes or until light golden.
The original method from the book:
1. Blend ingredients A until soften in CW Electronic Food Processor & Blender, using double-bladed steel knife at power level 1. Blend in ingredients B, followed by ingredients C & D, mix into a dough.
2. Divide dough into two equal portions. Wrap in plastic wrap and press into squares. Freeze until hardened ( about 30 minutes)
3. Remove dough from freezer, slice and then arrange on a lined baking tray. Bake in a preheated CW Space Oven Wok at 120 deg C for 15 minutes or until light golden.
* * *