The Third Dish - Steamed Drunken Prawns
1 kg fresh water prawns
2 thumb sized ginger - julienne
salt to taste
chinese cooking wine to taste
- Snipped off the sharp end of the prawns' head. Keep the shells but deveined the prawns. Place the prawn in a steaming dish . Seasoned with enough salt. Sprinkled the julienne ginger on top of the prawns.
- Heat up the steamer with water, when the water boils, put in the plate of prawns and steamed for 7 minutes in high heat. Add in the chinese cooking wine and continue to steam for another 1 minute. Off the fire and serve hot.
1 big sized ikan bawal putih
1 thumb sized ginger – julienne
a pinch of salt
1 tblspoon of cooking oil
3 shallots- sliced thinly
garnishingspring onions – cut into one inch length and make a few slit in each stalk
soaked in ice cold water till the slits opens up like a flower as shown in the picture.
- Washed and cleaned the fish. Rub some salt onto the fish. Place it on a plate for steaming. Add the julienne ginger on top of the fish.
- Heat up the kuali and fry the sliced shallots till light brown, when the kuali is still hot, add in the light soy sauce. Dish up the sauce.
- Heat up the steamer, when the water boils, put in the fish and steamed for 7 minutes. Add the sauce on the fish and serve immediately.
Ingredients:Young lotus root – sliced thinly
50 gm sweet peas
50 gm snow peas
1 stick carrot – carved into designs and sliced thinly (as shown in the pic above)
1 stick of celery – sliced thinly
a bit of fatt choy
a pich of salt
1 tblspoon of oyster sauce
a drop of thick soy sauce
2 shallots - sliced thinly 1 pip garlic - sliced thinly
- Heat up the wok, add in 1 tablspoon of cooking oil, fry the shallots and garlic till fragrant. Add in the young lotus root and the rest of the vegetables. Stir-fry the the vegetables briskly. Sprinkle in 2-3 tblspoons of water and bring to the boil over high heat. Add in the fatt choy. Lastly add in the oyster sauce, salt and the thickening . Dish up and serve immediately.
click here for recipe Lotus Root Soup
I am an ardent fan of Amy Beh.... so needless to say most of the recipes are from either her books or from her website. (",)
Have a nice day. Tada.
Quote taken from " Words to Warm a Mother’s Heart "
Slow down awhile! Push aside the press of the immediate. Take time today,
if only for a moment, to lovingly encourage each one in your family –
Gary Smalley & John Trent