Cauliflower rice !!! Well , when I first heard about cauliflower rice, I was not sold by the fact that it is low in carbohydrates but it was curiosity that made me try this recipe out. And guess what, it does resemble rice/ coucous . I am glad that I am the curious type or I would have missed out this healthy and delicious cauliflower rice. It is a nutritionally packed food which is high in fiber, folate, vitamin C, and water - yet low in fat and carbohydrates. It can be prepared a variety of ways - stir fry chinese style, steamed, roasted, boiled, broiled, or eaten raw. With the cilantro and lemon zest added to it, the cauliflower rice is truly delicious and I have the whole bowl all to myself. It can be served with fish curry or as a fried rice with chopped bacons and egg for the children. I will definitely be making this more often and cut down on the real rice.
it is easy to prepare and it does resemble coucous /rice
with the cilantro and lemon zest added to it,
it is delicious and flavorful :)
Cilantro And Lemon Zest Cauliflower Rice
Ingredients (3 servings)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 3-4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Wash and dry a small head of cauliflower. Cut off the florets (you don't need much stem). Pulse in your food processor for about 30 seconds, until you get rice shaped pieces.
2. In a medium skillet add 3 teaspoons olive oil and heat on medium. Once heated add Cauliflower and cook for 3-5 minutes until hot (stir frequently).
3. Add chopped cilantro , remaining oil, and and lemon zest over rice. Stir well.
* * *