Some months back, I discovered this wonderful blog - Dragon's Kitchen and since then it has become my secret online recipe book :) I love every insanely delicious looking bakes and food that Paula posted up on her blog.
I was browsing thru' her blog and came across this mouth watering muffins she posted up - Banana Blueberry Lemon Muffins and after reading the post, I juz have to bake it.....it was one fantastic muffin...it has a crunchy top and the inside was moist and the combination of blueberry, banana and lemon matches. As I was baking it, the lemony aroma was in the air and it smelled so good that ' Daddy ' devoured two in just 5 minutes shortly after I took it out of the oven to cool on the rack. I am surprised that he loves it coz normally he doesn't eat muffins except buns that I baked. I guessed the lemon rind mixed with the sugar sprinkled on top gave the crunch and the aroma of baked lemon rind really whet one's appetite... Paula, I give you credit for such a creative combination and the outcome was a perfect muffin!
Banana Blueberry Lemon Muffins ( taken from Dragon's Kitchen)
2 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup blueberries
2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
3 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease muffin tin.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of the lemon rind.
3. Beat together bananas, eggs, brown sugar, butter, lemon juice and vanilla until blended.
4. Stir in dry ingredients until blended. Stir in blueberries just until combined. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, dividing batter equally.
5. For the topping, combine sugar and remaining lemon rind in small dish. Sprinkle evenly over the muffins.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
P/s. A special thank you to Paula for sharing such a wonderful recipe
and allowing me to post up her recipe here on my blog!
Do hop over to her wonderful blog and you will know what I mean :)))