Going ‘Naners '! It’s been a while since I last baked anything with
b-a-n-a-n-a-s. Banana Bread is in my ' to-do ' list and since I have this sudden craze to have it for breakfast , I set about to prepare all the ingredients to make this wonderful piece of golden brown loaf called Banana Bread :)))) F-A-N-T-A-S T-I-C !!!
Bananas has the most nutritional benefits compared to other fruits . Rich in vitamins and minerals and has a high fiber content. Read here if you want to know the medicinal uses of bananas. But I know one thing… I have lotz of bananas recipes waiting to be tested out in my kitchen. I even have one Banana Nutcho Ice-Cream recipe on my to-do list …. ( imagine banana and macadaemia nuts together in ice cream ) heehee ..yummilicious no doubt!
This is my first try in making a banana bread which uses butter. Normally oil is used for banana bread . It came out nice…soft texture , slightly moist and the sweetness is just nice for people who doesn’t like it too sweet. I used ‘ Pisang Rastali ’ ( name of a local banana ) which has a nice fragrant and the smell is not overpowering .
truly it gave the bread a nice cut...
1 1/3 c all purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp butter (room temp)
2/3 c sugar ( I used 1/2 c )
2 large eggs (slightly beaten, room temp)
1 tsp vanilla
1 c mashed very ripe bananas
1/2 c coarsely chopped pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place the rack in the center of the oven. Grease a 6 cup (8 1/2 X 4 1/2 inch) loaf pan.
2. Whisk together the flour, salt, soda and powder and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the flour mixture on low speed until well blended and the consistency of brown sugar. Gradually beat in the eggs and vanilla.
4. Fold in the mashed banana and chopped nuts, until just combined.
5. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool in the pan or a rack for 5 to 10 minutes before unmolding to completely on a rack. Slice it only when it is completely cool.